Utopia SA and Europa Cinemas present the 8th edition of “28 Times Cinema”!
Utopia SA, member of Europa Cinemas network since 1992 invites you to participate in this competition.
Launched in 2010 in partnership with the European Parliament, the LUX Prize and the Venice Days (Giornate Degli Autori), this initiative enables 28 young moviegoers (one participant per Member State of the European Union) to participate at the next edition of the Venice Film Festival (30 August-9 September).
Utopia SA forwards the three best candidates to Europa Cinema. The final selection will be made by Europa Cinema, who will nominate the happy winner who will represent Luxembourg during the Venice Days.
Successful participants will be invited to spend approx. 15 days at the Festival to be part of the Venice Days’ Jury and to watch the films that will be competing for the 2017 LUX Prize edition. They will also get to participate in meetings with film professionals, share their ideas and opinions during debates with filmmakers and other guests in attendance. Europa Cinemas will organize and cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event. The arrival date is expected to be Monday 28th of August to Sunday 10th September 2017.
If you would like to apply as candidate please fulfill the following criteria:
• Regular moviegoers aged between 18 - 25 years.
• Good ability to write articles and blogs.
• Good knowledge of English (reading, written and spoken) to actively take part in the discussions around the films with film professionals.
Candidates will also need to:
• Do and send a video selfie giving the following information in ENGLISH: name, city and country of origin, as well as one of the latest films seen and why the candidate liked it. This video selfie shouldn't last longer than 45 seconds. This video is supposed to show how this person speaks and his/her ability to “talk” about cinema. Technical requirements: The video should be shoot in the highest available resolution and a good audio recording.
• Fill up and send the attached application form including the following information: Personal information and skills; short statement outlining the reasons why they should be considered for this opportunity; brief statement about the most important things to consider as a jury member when watching a movie; description of 3 scenes from 3 films they have watched recently; short review of a film recently released; top 5 of favourite films recently released.
Download the Application Form in PDF here. And the Call for application in DOCX here.
The application form has to be completed in English and signed.
The video selfie and the completed application form should be sent via Wetransfer to the following email email@example.com before friday April 21.
The selected Ambassadors will have to commit themselves to:
• Be present in Venice before the start of festival from Monday 28th of August to Sunday 10th September 2017 (festival dates: 30 August-9 September);
• Be a jury member for the films competing for the Venice Days;
• Watch all the films presented in the Venice Days (approx. 15) and the LUX Prize 2017 competition. A festival accreditation (giving also priority access to screenings of the Venice Days) will be provided;
• Take part in the round tables discussions and debates with filmmakers and other guests;
• Contribute to a blog, which will be specifically developed for this event;
• Write a daily postcard for the Europa Cinemas social networks;
• Be an active Ambassador for the Lux Film Prize during the events organised after Venice in his or her own country.
The European Parliament will organize and cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event (13 days) while Europa Cinemas will take care of their per diem. The arrival date is expected to be Monday 28th of August and the departure date Sunday 10th September 2017.