Utopia SA and Europa Cinemas present the 5th edition of “28 Times Cinema”!
Utopia SA, founding member of Europa Cinemas invite you to participate in this competition.
Launched in 2010 in partnership with the European Parliament, the LUX Prize and the Venice Days (Giornate Degli Autori), this initiative enables 28 young moviegoers (one participant per Member State of the European Union) to participate at the next edition of the Venice Film Festival (27 August - 6 September 2014).
Utopia SA forwards the three best candidates to Europa Cinema. The final selection will be made by Europa Cinema, who will nominate the happy winner who will represent Luxembourg during the Venice Days.
Successful participants will be invited to spend 10 days at the Festival to watch the Venice Days’ selection (as well as other titles presented in Venice…) They will also get to share their ideas and opinions during debates with filmmakers in attendance. Europa Cinemas will organize and cover the costs of accommodation and travel for each participant for the whole duration of the event. The arrival date is expected to be Wednesday 27 August and the departure date Sunday 6th September 2014.
• You must be aged 18 - 25 years of age with a good knowledge of English (reading, written and spoken) in order to be able to actively take part in the discussions around the films.
• Potential applicants need to send us a brief CV (in English), a short statement (10 lines max.) outlining the reasons why they should be considered for this opportunity as well as a description of 3 scenes from 3 films they have watched recently (5 sentences max.).
The selected participants will get a Festival Accreditation giving priority access to screenings. They have to commit to:
• Watching all the films presented at the Venice Days (approx. 15).
• Taking part in the round tables discussions and debates with filmmakers.
• Contributing to a blog, which will be specifically developed for this event.
• Writing a daily postcard for the Europa Cinemas and media partners’ websites.
Please send us your application via email to Noémie Jolivet (njolivet (at) utopolis (dot) com) by 25th April 2014.